Why Choose Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections, composed of purified botulinum toxin, are the gold standard in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. They are widely used for the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines, and dynamic wrinkles like crow’s feet, glabellar lines, and horizontal forehead lines. These injections not only prevent deep lines and wrinkles from forming but also smooth out existing lines, resulting in a youthful appearance.
How Do Anti-Wrinkle Injections Work?
These injections work by temporarily disrupting nerve signals to muscles, leading to temporary paralysis of targeted muscles. This prevents the formation of dynamic wrinkles that appear during facial expressions. Modern injection techniques ensure a natural look, maintaining the ability to make facial expressions and avoiding the 'frozen' look.
Benefits of Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
They are most widely used for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles. It is not limited as just as an anti aging treatments. Some of the multiple benefits of anti-wrinkle injections include:
- Remove visible signs of aging: Anti-wrinkle injections is the gold standard in preventing deep lines and wrinkles from forming whilst also smoothing out current lines and wrinkles.
- Jawline Slimming: Injecting anti-wrinkle injections into the masseter muscle in the jaw helps to define the jawline and slim the face to create a more feminine look.
- Treat excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis): Hyperhidrosis is medical condition which causes a person to excessively sweat. Anti-wrinkle injections work to prevent excessive sweating by paralyzing the overactive nerves that are causing the body to sweat excessively in the area that is injected.
- TMJ, teeth grinding and jaw clenching: Temporomandibular joint disorders are conditions affecting the jaw joints and surrounding muscles and ligaments. Common symptoms of TMJ are teeth grinding, jaw clenching, migraines, difficulty chewing and jaw pain. Anti-wrinkle injections can be highly effective in the treatment of TMJ and can improve symptoms caused by the condition.
- Gummy Smile (Lip Flip): A gummy smile is one in which the upper lip sits higher than the teeth and the gums are exposed. This can leave people feeling self-conscious when smiling and laughing. Anti-wrinkle injections can be used to treat a gummy smile and achieve a lip flip by injecting into the overactive muscle to reduce the elevation of your upper lip creating a more natural, softer looking smile.
Comfort and Procedure Duration
Most people report minimal pain during the procedure. The skin may be numbed beforehand, especially for sensitive areas. The entire procedure, usually performed in a medical office, involves injecting tiny amounts of botulinum toxin into the skin or muscles with a thin needle. The treatment duration and the number of injections depend on the treatment area and specific needs.
Visibility of Results
The effects of anti-wrinkle injections usually start showing within 1 to 3 days after treatment, though it can take a week or more to see full results. Not everyone has visible results or relief from symptoms. The effect typically lasts 3 to 4 months, and regular follow-up injections, spaced at least three months apart, are needed to maintain the effect.
How long do Anti-Wrinkle injections last?
In general, the effects of anti-wrinkle injections usually lasts four to six months after treatment. Using it regularly can help the effects to last for longer periods of time with each use. It paralyzes the muscles so you can’t use them. If muscles aren’t used, they get shorter and smaller. This means that you may need fewer anti-wrinkle treatments over time to get the same effect.
After receiving anti-wrinkle injections, avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 24 hours and refrain from lying down for 2 to 4 hours. This helps prevent the toxin from spreading to unintended areas. Most patients can return to their usual activities right after the procedure, but it's important to follow specific instructions provided by the healthcare provider.